A delicious fruit with many great qualities. Who does not live in Central America, Northern South America or the Caribbean, has probably never heard of the fruit “Nance” or “Nanche”, because it grows mainly in the mentioned regions. So it was with me as well. I was recommended the fruit “Nance” by a mexican woman. Because I love to eat fruits, I had to try it directly. You can find these fruits from July to November in the markets of Mexico.
The fruit is about 1.5 – 3.5 cm in size and has a thin yellow skin. The flesh is whitish and slightly floury and fibrous. The nance has a 6 – 10 mm large seed in the middle. The fruit grows similar to plums on a tree.
The nances taste sweet and are a bit sour. The consistency is slightly mealy. Because of the big core in the middle they are not easy to eat, but in my opinion they taste very good. The Nances can be eaten raw or cooked.
This fruit is said to have many great benefits. Here are a few of its benefits:
- They help against stress thanks to antioxidants,
- The fruits will keep you young as they give your skin elasticity and moisture,
- Nances help with inflammation in the body and tooth pain,
- The fruit Nance is said to improve vision,
- It is even said to prevent cancer
Nances are rich in vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, as well as folic acid and manganese.